Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't tell! I'm writing in the middle of the day!

Shhh!  Don't tell my kids, but it's 2:29 PM and I am working on my book!  My brain is so much clearer in the middle of the day.  Hopefully if I can accomplish a lot, I can go to bed at a decent time tonight.

Official word count is now hovering around 119,800!  WOO HOO!  I knew I had to at least get below 120,000.  I'm finishing up chaper six and still have about 25 chapters to go before I bump into the corrections I've already made at the end.  Moral of the story?  Word count is dropping rapidly!

I never realized how much I "overwrite" but this last round of editing has been very educational.  When I printed out my first draft for friends to read, word count was about 126,000.  And that was after some pretty heavy editing, so I shudder to think of where I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphics: Bubblegum and Licorice - Summertime Designs
Fonts: Annabel Scrip, Bridgnorth, & SF Gothican - 1001 Free Fonts
Blog Design by Sparky